Arnold Méndez Cruz (Cuba 1979)
This artwork is, further than just a painting, a metaphor about exile and asylum. About the feeling of those who were transplanted and lives their lifes out of context. About the inefficiency of the means dispossed wich acts more as a palliative than as a solution to an unsustainable and inhumane situation.
When he arrived to Spain at the age of 18 he changed, in a radical way, science for painting. This last one became his own personal way to digest his new life, to cushion the exile. He studied Fine Arts at the Universidad Complutense of Madrid where he gained Honors in Painting, Drawing and Anatomy drawing.
He has made several exhibitions, either personal or collective
since 1999. Such as:
1. Young cuban artists in exile. King Juan Carlos University
2. The path of the snail (always with the house on)
Laboheme Fineartsgallery (Miami)
3. Stuttgart Public Library (Germany)
4. Estradas. Trazo Siete Collective (Almeida, Portugal)
5. Asociación Espacio Latinoamericano ELA (Brussels)
6. Finalists of Gregorio Prieto Prize. Museo de la Ciudad
7. House of Italy. Fine Arts Faculty Collective. (Madrid)
8. Fair ARTEXPO with Laboheme Fineartsgallery (NY)
He has cooperated with many art and literature magazines.
He has artworks in collections like Caja de Ávila and
Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
You can buy the art pieces or a reproduction in a 30 cm by 30 cm presentation. To buy the art pieces please contact us by mail to email@example.com
ART INNOVATION DEVELOPMENT
Transforming our world by 2030 and beyond